Sunday, August 31, 2014

F O U R Year Anniversary!

Our Anniversary this year was different then any of the years in the past. However, it was one of the best!! I loved every minute of it. The week of our anniversary, we were still getting all moved in and settled into our apartment, Dallen was just about to start school, and we were a little stressed with how much we had to get done. So the day of our anniversary, we decided to take the whole day, forget about all our worries and just spend it together. . Just me, Dallen, and of course we brought along our souvenir from our last anniversary! ;) ;). . This darling little man. . .



Anyways, we had so much fun!! We went on a long walk, explored the great city of Des Moines, and had lunch where we had an unfortunate but hilarious incident. Dallen was holding Ryker when all of sudden he smelled poop. Yep, it was Ryker. He had a huuuge blow out and it was all over Dal! We were in the restaurant and Dallen was covered in baby poop. We were laughing so hard!! Poor Dallen. Luckily we hadn't ordered yet so we rushed home, Dal showered and I bathed Ryker. Good times!





Later that night when Ryker went to bed, we had an amazing dinner we made together, wrote each other love notes :), and reminisced on this amazing life we've created together. The night continued with a sleep over in the family room where we watched movies all night and laughed together until we cried! I could spend all day everyday with Dallen and I'm so grateful we have eternity together.










August Seventh Two-Thousand and Ten (our wedding day) was one of my absolute favorite days--> ever!! I could re-live it over and over again if I could. It was the most perfect day in every way. The best decision I've made in life was deciding to be sealed to Dallen in the house of the Lord and making those promises forever. The moment we were sealed together was the most amazing feeling that I will never forget. I knew in that moment we would have an amazing life together and raise our future children in truth and righteosness. I feel so blessed to have an eternal married and to have my eternal companion for life. I truly love Dallen Pope more than anything. He is always striving to live a good & honest life. He works so hard for our family. He puts my feelings and happiness first and always knows how to put a smile on my face! Growing up, Im grateful that Dallen had an amazing example of fatherhood. My father-in-law is one terrific person and has been such a great example to Dallen of what it takes to be a great husband and dad. Im grateful for the awesome example set by my own parents of a successful and happy marriage. Ive always wanted to be like them and work hard to be happy and loving towards my spouse. Dallen and I both have terrific families and Im truly grateful for the knowledge I have that families can be together forever. - - -(I went off on a slight tangent but why not).









I seriously LOVE this life that I've been given! I love everyone in my life and know they are apart of it for a reason. Im grateful for a positive attitude I strive to have everyday and for each lesson I learn along the way. 






1 comment:

  1. That kid has some seriously epic poops. I don't know what you're feeding him to give you such incidents!

    ReplyDelete